Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Career Goals



I haven’t thought of my career goal until when this question hit me in the face. I do have plans to be successful in life, but I still don’t know how. I have been a good student, hardworking, motivated and humble. In life we are always learning something new. I believe education is the key to be successful. The only problem is that most of the successful people we know so far haven’t really completed their education. Good examples are Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs who are school dropped outs. Career goal is always a journey which people need to go through step by step to reach the level of their satisfaction.

My career goal is to be an Actuary. I have been working towards that goal, and by majoring my bachelor degree in Actuarial Science here at Baruch college. The career requires intensive math and finance courses that will lead to careers into insurance field / Stock and bond markets or to financial institutions. I do love math and I enjoy struggling with such a career.


Everybody has expectations of what their life will consist of in the future. My career is very important to me. I hope to set my occupational and educational goals and not have to ever look back or think of starting over. A dream job is something that I want to strive for and put all my time and energy into. I would hate to begin an occupation and then five years down the road decide that it’s not right for me. I approach life now, after a year has gone by, with a new outlook. There is a time and place in life for everything.


Academically, I will continue to strive to put forth all of my effort into my classes. I will challenge myself, and work hard at what does not come easy. My goal is to do the best I can and to have fun as I do it. I will focus more on my career decisions than my drives and passions. Gaining support from my wonderful family has helped a lot. Their encouragement has kept me strong through the hard times and good times. I do remember times when I almost reached a point of giving up, or thinking why am I in school; while there are people who are working without a degree. It was stressful and depressing sometimes. Then over time I learned that even those who are in Management/ CEO ladder had to go through that. It is all about dedication and determinations to fight through until reach that goal.


Goals are meant to be worth fighting for. Just like basketball players, wrestlers, football players, or soccer players fight to win for their team and themselves. A career goal is meant to be worth fighting for one self, a team, or a cause. Each of us has priorities of how our careers should be defined to us. Some want a career for financial security, others want a career for titles, and we have others who go for a career out of choose not having any other options to run to. Therefore, career goals can be ones destiny and is not easily to be discussed in certainty.

My career Goal will be well defined when I am done with my highest level of education.  I will focus on what I love and invest all my efforts in it by planning, organizing myself and putting in place execution roadmap.  In doing so I will definitely succeed because I believe all successful people do what they love and invest all efforts in it.  Those who have great education they become world leaders or global business leaders.  It is about having adequate knowledge and doing what you love while keeping your focus until it is done.  I came to realize that even Bill Gates and late Steve had private tuition to improve their understanding on what they love to do.  The history shows that both of them believed in themselves that they will succeed, win and kept on trying harder even when they failed in the process they never gave up.  They found out the cause of their failure and corrected it.  Such characters are rare and that is why they are global leaders no one can dispute them.  The same apply to Braxton of Virgin Atlantic Airways, and Warren Buffet etc.  They employ the best brains in the world, compensate them properly, and focus on what they want to achieve to be of a high standard in the market.


Would you be a person of this character? It is based on how consistent and resilient you can be.  Money is an outcome of ones efforts and not the key driver.

No comments: